A DNA test can help clients achieve a level of confidence in the nutritional products they choose by:
- Determining unique nutritional needs based upon a confidential DNA analysis.
- Providing clients with the recommended nutritional supplement(s) and nutrients needed for each specific genetic polymorphism (SNP).
- Taking the “guesswork” out of complex biochemical pathways that may hinder nutritional delivery.
- Suggesting compressed formula options for better compliance and cost-effectiveness.
Genetic variants are more common than we realize:
- More than 75% of all people have significant genetic polymorphisms (SNPs) in the most important nutritional metabolism pathways.
- Millions of people spend their hard earned income on nutritional supplements without knowledge or scientific proof of nutritional need or benefit.
- Without genetic validation of enzyme function, many supplements are not effectively delivered at the cellular level, therefore, people may be wasting time and money with nutritional ingredients that have little to no benefit.
GX Sciences DNA Panels Offered:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What type of sample is needed?
A simple cheek swab sample is all that is needed. A custom designed cheek swab is provided per kit so the lab has sufficient DNA.
How long do results take to reach your practitioner?
7-10 business days in most cases. Your practitioner will receive an email when your results and report is ready.
Can this test be purchased by consumers online?
No. This test may only be provided through an Approved Practitioner. This is to assure that the practitioner has all the necessary training and education to interpret the nutrigenomic results correctly and provide the client with the best protocol.
How much does testing cost?
Since the cost of these highly specialized tests will vary depending on the DNA Panel recommended it will be discussed during a scheduled appointment.
Will my insurance cover this test?
While some Health Spending Accounts (HSA's) may provide coverage this decision is always made by your provider. Any attempts at reimbursement for Nutrigenomic Testing through your insurance company lies solely on the client.
When can this test be done?
A simple cheek swab can be done either during an initial consultation or any scheduled session as it only takes a few minutes.